21/12/2010

Into Each Life.........


........... a little rain must fall. And right now, it's our turn. Coming back from coffee in a local bar a few minutes ago, I encountered a particularly large and heavy lump of rain which promptly converted the stepped alleyway from the main street up to our front door into a very creditable imitation of a waterfall. Fortunately, I had gone out suitably dressed in my African bush hat which kept the downpour off my glasses (rain is usually not accompanied by wind, and so falls vertically.), my waterproof jacket, waterproof trousers and - most importantly - my wellies. So I just climbed nonchalantly through it and am now sitting warm and dry in my living room.

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed reading your blog over the past year and looking forward to the next.
    Hoping the rain will stop as staying in Torrox over xmas as we did last year when it seemed we were in the monsoon season!
    Wishing You a Very Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year. A.M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for those kind words. A very happy Christmas in Torrox, and a happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete